All over the UK today just under 300 independent retailers, cafes, farm shops dished up free organic mini-breakfasts to customers in celebration of all things organic. The campaign is all about supporting indie retailers and showing the great brands and products that they sell. Check out some of the stories from around the country here.
The muesli bar recipe has no added sugar, with all the sugar coming from dried fruit and bananas, and it’s also vegan.
Photo to follow…
Preparation: 20 minutes
Baking: 25 minutes
You will need…
150g Muesli (with no added sugar – I used Alara muesli)
2 large bananas (about 200-220g)
50g desiccated coconut
120g chopped dates (if you don’t have enough dates substitute chopped raisins)
100ml melted coconut oil or vegan spread
50g nuts and seeds (I used pumpkin sunflower and chia)
- Mash the bananas on a plate and put in a bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, dates nuts and desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Now add the muesli and mix well
- Turn into a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Press down so it’s evenly spread
- Bake in an oven at 190 °C or 160 °C in a fan oven or gas mark 3 for 25 minutes
- Cut into slices whilst still warm.